The mission of the Whitby WinterFest is to bring together, demonstrate
and celebrate the nature, values, capacity and potential of the unique
community that is Whitby and the Esk Valley in both its historical and
present day form.
- In an age dominated by economic drivers We Are Whitby intends to work
toward a demonstration of the value and potential of a community
seeking a creative balance between the social, cultural and economic
qualities of its being.
- We Are Whitby intends to work towards this integrated social, economic
and cultural balance by creating an event which provides an
opportunity where these three components can meet in a such a way
that: the whole equals more than the sum of the parts i.e. the more we
understand, value and integrate each of the three components, the
more we nourish enrich and sustain communities able to develop
harmoniously and creatively into the future
- What better time of the year to stage such an event than at Christmas and to work towards a Festival of Whitby life - Whitby WinterFest -
which can we believe illustrate the Power of Community at Christmas.
- The next Whitby WinterFest will take place over three days on the first
weekend of December 2017 (1st 2nd 3rd )
- The Festival will occupy all the spaces in the Pavilion Whitby (apart
from the Theatre)
Click Here to download the presentation as a PDF.