About We Are Whitby
We Are Whitby wishes to build a healthier local community for all through mutually supportive relationships between responsible local businesses, social groups cultural groups and individuals in Whitby and District.
- We Are Whitby is a not for profit organisation solely developed to help build a healthier community for all, through mutually supportive relationships between responsible local businesses, social groups, cultural groups and individuals in Whitby and District Community (The Community).
- To develop projects and activities which encourages all residents of the community, whether businesses, social, or cultural groups or individuals, to develop friendly relationships with and support other local individuals, businesses, social and cultural groups.
- To encourage purchasing of goods and services created or derived principally within the Whitby and District Community, so retaining and increasing the economic value of transactions within the Community.
- To encourage all residents in Whitby and District to support We Are Whitby and where appropriate to register their interest on the WAW website.
- To support, inform and educate, particularly by collaboration and cooperation.
- To minimise the environmental impact of individuals and businesses in the area.
- To encourage and support the next generation into local businesses and community activities.
Membership will be open to all members of the Whitby and District community
who support the aims of the group whether they are individuals, businesses, social or cultural groups.
We Are Whitby is administered by a management committee, more details can be found in our constitution.
We Are Whitby is a not for profit organisation which has a dedicated
bank account, a treasurer and 3 bank signatories. All funds are applied
to the aims of We Are Whitby.
Fundraising for Activities
To raise all funds required to develop our projects through direct donations from
members of the community or from supporters of We Are Whitby outside the